Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tự sự (thơ Tung Hui Hu, tiếp, hết)

Tuần này spring break, có ít thời gian thư giãn, làm nốt công việc chính đáng. Cám ơn bạn Thanh khuyến khích. :) I just googled and found that Tung Hui Hu now teaches English at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.)



Bấy giờ là đầu xuân
bụng tôi đau giữa khuya có
một hồ nước vài cây anh đào bao quanh
không khí còn lạnh hoa có
nở hay tôi vẫn còn để dành được vài cánh?
Was nach watch auf mitten

Im Februar tut es der Werde weh?
Còn thứ gì khác đang thức giấc đất
có đau không? Cây cối đang im lặng
vạm vỡ và im halbes
Licht finde ich die Baume so
nah wie Beine on der Erde
như đôi chân mọc lên từ đất tôi không

tìm được lối ra khỏi nơi ấy
nữa hiểu không tôi ghét cái thành phố
được cướp về từ đầm lầy này nơi
đường xá sẽ rút khỏi bàn tay bạn?
Tôi đánh mất thành phố của
tuổi thơ thật dễ dàng chỉ còn lại
nhóm cây anh đào bên bờ hồ tôi
nhớ năm ấy

khi tôi đi khỏi có hằng bao nhiêu kilomét
cá chết trong hồ:
năm đó mùa đông đến sớm
và khởi từ mặt nước
một màu trắng lẽ ra
chúng ta không nên tìm thấy.


------

nguyên bản:


It is early spring my stomach
is hurting there is a pool at
midnight and several cherry
trees around it the air is still
cold do the blossoms break when
touched or could I save any?
was noch wacht auf mitten

im Februar tut es der Erde weh?
what else awakes now does
the earth hurt? the trees are
quiet and muscular and im halbes
Licht finde ich die Baume so
nah wie Beine von der Erde
as legs from the soil I can't

find my way out of the place
any more understand how
I hated this city stolen from
a swamp where the streets
shrink away from your touch?
how easily I lost the city of my
childhood saving only the
cherry trees beside the pond I
remember the year

after I left there were miles
of dead fish in the pool:
winter came early that year
and raised out of the waters
a white never meant to be
found by you or me.

(from "Book of Motion" (2003), more excerpts can be found here.)

5 comments:

  1. funny America, a lot of Asian in Ann Arbor, only white and Asian, rarely saw a black. but in Detroit, rarely saw an Asian or white, just black.

    haha, I put Asian in Cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true that, true that.
    funny how sometimes we do things without even knowing. at least we are recognized and classified according to our continent (and not our skin color eh?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cảm ơn bạn qt đã đáp lại lời khuyến khích, hihi. Nhờ có bạn giới thiệu, mình muốn mua ủng hộ anh Tung. Lâu lắm rồi không đọc thơ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, i would send you my copy, but i don't think you'll be able to read with all my markings. :) what a lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear qt, I appreciate your kindness a lot, but in this case you should keep your copy. I would be able to read it, but I know how special a book becomes with a lot of personal notes in it. Trust me you'll miss them ;)
    I'm gonna buy one for me today :)

    ReplyDelete