Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tên con nghĩa là gì hả mẹ ?

I've been so lazy lately. Lazy to the bone. Maybe it's because I'm tired of waiting. Bored of waiting. Waiting for the next email. Waiting for the next connection, the next dose to keep me high until the next depression shows up on my face. I have good news. He's written to me again. A few weeks now, I've received two emails from him, about nothing, about something of course, but it's not about me so it's nothing to me. I seem to live and love so separately, these two things are not joined in one body, one place, never at the same space and time. It's all because of him. I blame him. For not taking up on my marriage offer when I offered it. For not seeing me for who I was at the moment when I needed him most. For not wanting me when I wanted him. For not wanting me. But enough about him. For now. I don't want to talk about him. I don't have time to talk about him. With regards to him and to all things surrounding him, I have nothing now but an acquiescing silence. I'll wait. I'll be calm and far away as he wants me to be. To him I am no longer who I was but am a new creature, with a new life that demands from him an insufferable silence. So let be. For now, I can take refuge in my almost saving grace:


Mẹ ơi, tên con nghĩa là gì hả mẹ?
Mommy, what does my name mean?

Tên con là hoa,
Hoa núp nụ trên cành, hoa rộ vàng ngày Tết, hoa nở rực bên đồi núi còn lim dim ngủ.
Your name means flower,
Sheepish springtime buds, fields of blossoms bursting on sleeping hillsides.

Tên con là gió,
Gió bay khắp nơi, gió tung tăng với lá, gió vi vu thổi mát buổi trưa hè nắng gắt.
Your name means the wind,
The wind travels to far away places, it dances with the autumn leaves and blows cool breezes on hot summer afternoons.

Tên con là biển,
Biển xanh biếc, biển vỗ sóng ru êm bờ cát trắng.
Your name means the sea,
Deep and vast and blue, singing soft lullabies to the wind blown shore.

Tên con là ước mơ,
Là niềm hy vọng và lời cầu nguyện cho những điều tốt đẹp
Your name means dreams,
A hope and a prayer for love and life.


Tên con là lịch sử,
Của ba mẹ, của ông bà, của những người chúng ta chưa từng quen nhưng vẫn luôn biết đến.
Your name means history,
The history of our family, of our ancestors, of those whom we have never met but whose names we know and will always remember.

Tên con là mây, là đất,
Là sông núi hùng vĩ đầy sức sống.
Your name means the sky, the earth
The mountains and rivers,
Majestic and full of life.

Tên con là sự hợp nhất
Của các tinh tú vì sao trên trời.
Your name means a union,
A coming together of all the stars in the sky.

Tên con là sự gặp gở,
Là sự ngẫu nhiên tình cờ vô cùng thú vị.
Your name means an encounter,
A gorgeous serendipitous meeting of chance.

Tên con là tình yêu,
Là món quà quý giá mà mẹ yêu mến nhất trên đời.
Your name means love,
A wondrous gift, my priceless treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment