Saturday, January 15, 2011

About the name change

I suppose it's not really a name.  But it is a kind of identity.  An ego, certainly.

I supposed I did it because I was lost.  No, not lost exactly.  What I was feeling was familiarity.  Too much of the past was coming back, and it was haunting me.  Too much familiarity made me feel lost.  I hate it.  Faces, names, things that people do that I don't want to know but am somehow linked to, one person to another.  It's hideous.    I need a fresh start.  I need to know the world is bigger than what I'm running from. 

Mấy ngày hôm nay cứ ngồi ứ đọng.  Ăn nhiều.  Ăn liên tục.  Cứ như thức ăn sẽ lấp đầy khoảng trống đang chiếm ngự nơi tôi ngồi.  Tôi cứ ăn như điều đó là sự thật.

Và cũng có thể lý do là tôi đang trong thời kỳ câm nín.  Trong thời kỳ câm nín, tôi không mở miệng nói chuyện được.  Là một sự đứt đoạn trong khả năng hoạt động những cơ bắp của miệng thực thụ.  Tôi không đùa.  Tôi có thể mở miệng khi ăn, khi uống; mở miệng để ngáp, để cười, để đánh răng, để làm tình, nhưng tuyệt nhiên không thể thốt lên lời nào.  Như thể thanh quản của tôi đã chai mòn mất, đã không còn khả năng rung động.   Vào thời gian này, tôi thật sự là một kẻ vô dụng.  Tôi trở thành ngu đần, không làm được việc gì ngoài ngủ và ăn, ăn và ngủ.  Và đừng ai đụng vào tôi trong thời kỳ này, vì tôi sẽ hét lên rồi cào mặt họ. 

I eat and sleep, sleep and eat, hoping that the world will get bored and leave me alone.  But even if nothing happens, and the world still wants to rip me apart, grind me down to nothingness, I don't suffer enough to care.  At least that's what I think.  If you don't care what happens one way or another, that must mean you are not in enough pain, doesn't it?  Or else the pain has become a part of who you are.  When you stand on cliff and you think, how beautiful it must be to fly down, how beautiful it must be to jump off, but you don't jump, because what you're feeling is a pain that's been so long, so petrified into your being that it has become a part of you, you don't feel it as pain anymore but simply an existence.  That's why you don't jump.  You merely stand there and think about jumping.  Then when you've filled yourself up with thoughts of beauty and flying off a cliff, you simply turn yourself around and go home, back to your sleep and eat, eat and sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment